Sector : Major group in the Food Industry
Project : Organizing the production workshop MES system management structure
Objective : After a project mode MES management system implementation phase, define the system governance and development structure.
Results and benefits
- Setting-up a collaborative work structure between Industrial management, Information System management and Automatic control management
- Clarifying roles, responsibilities and tasks based on each team’s know-how
- Optimizing the target organization structure through the optimization of required know-how and process fluidity
Analysis of existing
- SWOT analysis of the existing functioning mode resulting from the project mode organization. Identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Mapping the skills required in the MES development mode
- Running workshops with all actors involved in the industrial management, IS Management and Automatic control management to identify precisely required existing and new skills.
- Formalizing a skills map and the current structural links
Structure model simulation
- Identifying several possible target structures
- Assessing, in workshops, the relevance of each option in terms of the future optimization of skills and process fluidity
Presenting the target structure for validation to the Executive Committee
- Presentation, by the different parties in the company, of their preferred option to the executive committee.
- Validation of the chosen solution